Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) will now invite the three to respond to its request for proposals (RFP) for the Mobile River Bridge and Bayway project, which is set to provide relief to one of the region’s most congested areas.
The shortlisted teams moving forward in the RFP process are:
I-10 Mobility Partners
- Equity members - Cintra and Meridiam
- Lead engineering firm - Parsons
- Lead contractor - Ferrovial Argoman and Parsons
- Lead operations and maintenance Cintra and Meridiam
Gulf Coast Connectors
- Equity members - ACS, Macquarie, Hochtief and John Laing
- Lead engineering firm – TY Lin International
- Lead contractor - Dragados, Lane Construction, and Flatiron
- Lead operations and maintenance - Gulf Coast Connectors
Mobile River Bridge Group
- Equity members - InfraRed Capital Partners, Shikun & Binui, Astaldi and Southland Holdings
- Lead engineering firm - Figg Bridge Engineers
- Lead contractor - a joint venture of Astaldi, Johnson Bros and Shikun & Binui
- Lead operations and maintenance - InfraRed Capital Partners (InfraRed Infrastructure V), Astaldi and Southland Holdings
The unsuccessful team was Mobile Bay Link.
The project will be completed with the use of a public-private partnership. The three teams – deemed qualified after a technical and financial capability review that included past project experience – will submit proposals to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the Mobile River Bridge and Bayway. The selected team will be expected to enter into a 55-year contract. Funding of the project will include revenues generated from all electronic tolling, a public subsidy and equity from the concessionaire.
Proposals will be due this autumn, with the selected team expected to be chosen by the end of the year.